Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The infamous "Chapter Zero"

I will shortly be posting Chapter 1 to the blog. You may be asking, "if this is chapter 1, then what was all that crap beforehand?"

That was the infamous "chapter Zero." I call it that because most of the Prologue was written after I finished Chapter 1. In the Year 2000 draft (the draft before the "published" one you're reading), the book started with the dream where Henry gets the space technology. However, I felt that left too much to the imagination of the reader; namely, who is Henry and why is he the way he is? So I wrote the Prologue ("chapter zero") later to fill in that gap. The dream with the esoteric technology became part of the Prologue to wrap things up and set the stage for what is to come: Chapter 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home